Magic Leap Real Estate
AR Graphic | 2018
I want to pull a floor of a building like a drawer.
|Magic Leap Creator’s Edition|
I was provided with a 3d scan of a property.
- Magic Leap Basics: I followed a few tutorials and adapted my own simple interaction system that allowed me to set up collision on the world and place my own objects.
- Virtual “Stage”: I built out my multimedia stage (video, images, text, 3d objects, 3d scan, FX).
- Animation Loop: I setup a detailed animation loop, making heavy use of a materialize shader effect from the asset store. Another goal was to have a “drawer sliding” effect with the floor reveal.
- Google Earth Studio: Another component to this project was using Google Earth Studio to give a fake drone-like view of the property. I exported tracking data to After Effects and did some esoteric masking to make the effect look more integrated.
- Video: I recorded video from the Magic Leap, exported it, and added motion graphics and music to the visual.
This project was my first experience using the Magic Leap, and I came away with mixed reactions. Compared to other XR devices, it took more custom work to get the basics running, and the quality was similar to the original HoloLens. I really pushed myself on this one to make the 3d animation dynamic, with complex motions and FX.